Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Ginger Krinkle Cookies

This is one of my all time favorite cookies, and since the recipe was almost lost (Brooke!) I'm posting it here for safe keeping! It's a very Christmasy cookie, but you really shouldn't wait till Christmas to make it! The spices are so wonderful, and every time I dump them in the bowl I think how pretty those colors are together=) They are soft and chewy and very easy to make.

Ginger Krinkle Cookies

Preheat oven to 350

2 1/4 c. flour
2 t. baking soda
1 t. cinnamon
1 t. ginger
1 t. cloves

Sift these together. In a separate bowl beat...

3/4 c. room temp. butter
1 c brown sugar

...till pale. Add...

1/4 c. molasses
1 egg

The mixture may look curdled. That's okay, it's supposed to!
Mix in the mixed dry ingredients and the cover and refrigerate dough till firm.

When it's firm enough to handle, roll into balls and roll in white sugar (you'll use about 3/4 c.) to coat.

Bake 10 to 15 min. till tops crack, and they are still soft to the touch.

Yumm!

**Note to self and anyone else who may wish to make these, the last couple times I've made them they were pretty flat and didn't Krinkle the way they should. So this last time I added about an additional 1/2 t of baking powder and cut the butter by 1 or 2 tablespoons. It really helped!**

5 comments:

Tara McLean Derricott said...

These sound so good... ginger is one of my favorites!!! I can't wait to try these!

chelsea mckell said...

Hi there - sometimes I lurk. Found your blog through Jills. Just gotta tell ya - I love ANYTHING ginger, and I cant wait to try these!

Megan Smith said...

Thank you! I love getting "favorite recipes"! I'll definately try this one.

Melzie said...

Yum!! And Nathan can eat all the ingredients-- maybe we'll make some tonight.....

Eli, Trieste, and The Gals said...

Wow Tara, those cookies sound fabulous. I'm going to try them out!