Thursday, December 11, 2008

Officially Official!

Okay! I can talk about it now! James has turned in his notice to GSK and we are moving to Kennewick, WA!

We're very excited for his new job and for the opportunity to be close to family again. James' brother and his family live in the city of Kennewick, and Spokane is just two hours away. So we've shortened that trip by half! There have been a lot of wonderful things about living in beautiful Montana, most especially the people we've met, but we've really learned how important it is for us to stay close to our family, so we are overwhelmed with gratitude that we will have both a good job and the presence of family all at the same time!

Kennewick also has shorter, warmer winters and there is a WalMart in town!!!! Actually there's a lot more than WalMart, but it's presence is symbolic of how much more convenient my life is going to become! The hour long drive to Missoula has not become any easier than it was when we first moved here!

James' new job is in the medical device field and, as I understand it, he'll be managing the validation dept, and also be the liaison to various regulatory industries. I don't know a whole lot about it yet, but I know that he's excited about it, that it seems like a very stable and conservative company, and that he's looking forward to the new environment. He'll definitely be the new guy on the block. He says many of the people who work there have been working together ten years or more, but he felt very welcomed by them and comfortable there.

He starts in Jan. and GSK shuts down the last week or so of the year for maintenance, etc., so we're trying to move before Christmas. Our goal is to have the truck packed on Sat. the 20th, and leave the 21st. I've got a packing and cleaning schedule, and I'm sticking to it pretty well, so I think we'll make it!

Thank you all so much for your love and prayers. We feel tremendously blessed and we know that your prayers and faith helped get us here!

There are so many of you Hamilton-ites that we'd like to bring with us! You will always be in our thoughts. This blog thing has brought me back in to touch with so many friends that I've been separated from- hopefully it will continue to work it's magic so we can stay involved in one another's lives.

Love,
Tara

15 comments:

Tara McLean Derricott said...

Wow!! And I thought I had to hurry to be packed up and ready to go the the first of the year!!!! Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. It's sad for us to see you go, but I am VERY happy for you guys!!!!

Shaina said...

So happy for you! I didn't know the current company was closing! You guys got a great job in the nick of time!

I really do know the stress of moving! Hopefully it will all go calmly and efficiently. Enjoy Christmas with your family! Love you so much!

DeAnne said...

WAHOO! I am so excited for you! I have to tell you, a while back when I first started reading your blog-I was thinking to myself that I wished more people like you lived closer to me-so I could have good friends. Who knew that it would happen :) I hope the move goes well and the job transition smooth. When you guys get settled we'll all have to get together.

Evalynn said...

I am very happy for you and your family! And a Walmart . . . now I'm jealous :)

amy said...

WOW! That is just great. I am happy for you for finding what you want. It is always hard to leave, but what a great adventure ahead of you! Congrats.

dippyrooroo said...

Just to clarify, GSK isn't closing, they just shut down for maintenance every year at Christmas time.

Kara said...

That is exciting that you will be able to be closer to your family! Congratulations on your new job! We will miss your family stopping here on the way to and from your place!! So glad that we can stay in touch!

Suzie said...

Yeah! That's so great! What a trooper to be packing & moving this time of year! I know many great people from Kennewick, I think you'll like it there. Must be a great company if they have a lot of people there with longevity!

arah said...

congrats on the job and the move. It's so nice living close...or closer...to family.
I hope the move goes smoothly.

Darcie said...

Wow! Congrats to you all! A good friend of mine from high school moved to Kennewick and really liked it. Best wishes to you starting a new chapter of life.

Julie said...

Congrats Tara. I love keeping up on your blog so please include me!

Thanks! Julie Rae

jnels3@gmail.com

Ben and Sabrina said...

Congradulations on the move! I hope everything goes well for you guys in the tri-cities. I am little jealous you get to stay so close to family. Anyway, I'm hoping you'll let me in on your blog too. My email address is bini82@gmail.com. Looking forward to staying in touch with you!

Torrie said...

Hope the move went smoothly, happy unpacking and getting settled during the holidays. Don't forget to add me to your blog list.

Shmobby said...

Congrats you guys!!! That is awesome news. Moving is not my favorite thing...but with Christmas to look forward to around the same time, it had to be more fun than usual! Hope you guys had a fabulous Christmas CLOSER to family! Maybe we will actually be in town around the same time one of these days and see each other - I miss you. :)

Green Girl said...

Hi Tara,
I am Bonita's daughter (from Montana)she told me about your blog and I have read some of your entry's. Hope you are getting settled in by now and I hope to get to know you better via the internet!