
Um... we have a snake now. James and Griffin brought him home today. They found him down by the river. Griffin wanted to name him Snake-snake. Kelsie wanted to name him Lilac. James would not listen to their suggestions. The snake's name is Salazar. Any Harry Potter fans will appreciate the allusion. It's an odd feeling (not to imply that I've touched it), having a snake in the house. The oddest part being that I think it's pretty cool. Though I do appreciate James' decision to put the snake outside for the night. Right now his home is a smallish plastic storage container with saran-wrap taped over the top. The airholes in the top have become significantly larger then they were meant to be. Kelsie was shoving flowers though the holes for the snake, and Griffin was shoving worms through. We'll see if Salazar is still out there in the morning.
8 comments:
oooh. Well, at least you aren't that disturbed by it! our friends in California have a rat. It's big, too.
I'm a little like my mom in this area, so I'll just say YUCK!
I'm thinking this is the reason we are not being blessed with boys in our family. Snakes and I don't belong in the same vicinity. You are my hero for being a trooper about it!
that would freak me out!! You are one patient momma for letting them bring it near your home!
I think I would do better with having a snake than Scott would. He hates snakes. He doesn't even like to look at pictures. But my boys are facinated. They are really into Pythons, Cobras and Anaconda's lately ("Mom the python is the longest snake in the whole world, but the Anaconda is the longest snake in the Amazon!") WOW!
Glad to see a new post and to see you are doing well. My parents said they saw you at church a little while ago and they said your baby is really cute and really little! Hey, when you are in town again if you have a few hours of free time (and I DO know that can be asking a lot) PLEASE call and we'll go have a girl's night/lunch/breakfast out!
That's pretty cool! And I can't understand why James wouldn't want a snake named Lilac ;) Maybe Kels can save that name for a kitten or something down the road!
go girl! That is so funny the kid's desire for names that are adorable for such an icky creature!
Do you still have the snake? Or did he slither on to Hogwarts?
Post a Comment