Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Help!

I'm filling up notebooks trying to think through the possible spellings of a name that James and I are considering! Help me choose a spelling by voting for your favorite in the poll box to the right. And, if you wish, leave me a note telling me your thoughts on the name and/or on how you voted.
Thank you!

6 comments:

Megan Smith said...

Okay, here's my explanation: I went with "Tyton" because I think with the last name "Sagen" you should try to not copy the "-en" with both the first and last names. To me it's better if they're different. Also I like "Ty" for the first part of the name because to me it would make more sense spelled that way if he decided to go by "Ty" at some point. All the "Ty's" I've known are spelled "Ty", not "Ti".

Laine said...

wow, I voted for Tyton too, but I didn't think about it that way! I don't like Tyden, because of the d, every one would misspell it, Tyten, I don't know, it just seems weird, and Titan and Tytan makes me think of the Titanic! It was between Titon and Tyton and I decided I like the Ty the best. That's just my ramblings of thought.
~Laine
P.S. I like that name, by the time I have kids, there won't be any names for me to use left!

Darcie said...

I voted Titan because it seems to be the most traditional spelling... I know a little Titan, very cute boy!

kelly said...

I'm with Darcie on Titan!

Laine said...

I think I also like Tyton is because most kids with the name (how ever they spell it) spell it Titan. That way Tyton is kind of putting your own spin on things rather than going with the crowd

Ben and Sabrina said...

Good luck with chosing a name! I'm going to vote for Tyton just because I thought it was cool. Anyway, I know it's like ridiculously hot right now, but when it cools off into the 90's I think it would be fun to get together with you and your family. What do you think of a picnic by the river?