Friday, October 12, 2007

Five Things Challenge

5 things I was doing 10 years ago
1997... That's a long time ago Shaina. Lets see...
1. I graduated from Ricks College.
2. I met James that spring in the singles ward (although we didn't start dating till the next January).
3. I was working at JC Penney in the mens dept.
4. I decided to take a year off from school to save money to go to Europe.
5. I was in the singles ward RS Pres with my friend Delanie.

5 things on my to-do list today
1. Laundry- Blah.
2. Figure out why my baby is feeling so awful and fussy.
3. Call the hostess from the last scrapbooking party I did and tell her that their order is in.
4. Make Norwegian Stew for dinner.
5. Play with my new stamps and scrapbook stuff. (we'll see if that one actually happens!)

5 snacks I enjoy
1. Cookies. I like them chewy and substantial.
2. Apples.
3. Leftovers. I'm a good cook, so I don't mind enjoying it the next day.
4. Jam bars. Really just another kind of cookie but they deserve their own special mention.
5. Ritz or Wheat Thins.

5 songs I know the lyrics to
1. Lots of Hymns and lots and lots of primary songs.
2. Lots of James Taylor, John Denver and Beattles songs.
3. The Wonder Pets theme song.
4. Pretty much all the songs from Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.
5. Pretty much all the songs from Funny Girl.

5 of my bad habits
1. I do things slowly.
2. I let cleaning chores pile up.
3. I watch too much TV at night and stay up too late.
4. I'm an emotional eater.
5. I really hate making phone calls. Even to people I know and love.
(wow, I've got a lot of issues!)

5 things I'd do if I were a millionaire
1. Pay off all debts, and pay all bills through the end of the year so I'd only have to do it once.
2. Buy a house.
3. Buy James a really nice car. Maybe a Mustang. Or one of those cool cars with the really narrow windows. And I'd probably buy myself the newest kind of caravan with stow and go and all that. The truth is I like my mini-van, even though it's not very new.
4. Take all my close friends and family on a really cool vacation. Like to Hawaii. And then just James and I would go to Italy.
5. Contribute money to charities. Especially Operation Smile.

5 things I will never wear again
1. The jeans I was wearing after Griffin was born. I don't think they will ever fit again!
2. Pig tails (Way too old now. Well, maybe I still would in a yoga class. Maybe not)
3. Shorts with argyle knee socks (I really liked that one in high school)
4. Tapered jeans or jeans with a yoke in the front. Remember those?
5. Suspenders. (I really liked that one in jr. high. You could say I was adventurous when it came to fashion as a youth!)
A funnier list might be things I'd still consider wearing if I felt I had the right opportunity and I didn't have kids to contend with.

5 of my favorite toys
1. My acrylic stamps. I just love them!
2. My eyelet setting tools.
3. My heat embossing tools.
4. My chocolate making molds.
5. My springform pan. (which I think is at my mother's house)

People I'm going to tag
1. Darci
2. D'Lonna
3. Kelly
4. Rachel
4. Brooke

Now it's your turn ladies!

4 comments:

amy said...

Very cute. Thanks for sharing I love to hear about other peoples ways of doing things.

P.S. I think we all have a lot of issues!

Rachel said...

Tara you are so cute! You crack me up...that was very fun to read. I'll be getting back to you about the whole 5 things challenge.

And yes we all have a lot of issues

kelly said...

This was so fun to read. I'm so jealous of your scrapbooking habit. I love to do it, but can't remember the last time I did. Sometime before Emmy was born I think. And about my issues, where do I start? At least we can laugh about them, right?

kelly said...

Me again! I was just wondering about the dark chocolate drugs your mom and brother are dealing. They sound like my kind of drugs! I get allergy shots for allergies, so if they help thats great. I love telling myself how healthy it is everytime I eat it!